Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Sunday 11 November 2012

Autumn biscornu swap

Hello

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's been a quiet one so far, I've been on duty at work this weekend so I've had to go down to open and lock up. I did pop into town yesterday for beads and bells but the shop that does mill hill beads has stopped stocking them and the other shop had sold out of bells! Anyhoo I did pick up a couple of bits ready for my giveaway next month, so thats good.

Right on to biscornu... I've done a few swaps with Ivory from bubble and we decided to have an autumn swap as it's been a while since our last one.


I stitched the leaf quaker pattern from Kincavel krosses and decided to use a spectrum of autumn colours. Here is the top before I stitched it up.


I used a lovely sage green aida I'd had in my box for ages, it has little brown flecks in which made it perfect a it looks very rustic. So this is the top...



And this is the bottom. I used part of the design from the leaf pattern - just not stitching the leaves!! Ivory loves owls so I added this owl charm for her.


I also received my biscornu yesterday, it has so many little gold beads on it. the top has a pink star button and the bottom a blue one. Another lovely one for my collection :-)




Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and were able to take a moment to remember our servicemen and women today. Sorry for the truly awful photos, it was these or nothing, in future I need to check the pictures before I send off my swaps. (slapped wrist). I'll be back in the week with the Christmas travelling box as that arrived for a brief stop with me this weekend.

Kerry. xx

6 comments:

  1. I love the leaf pattern you have used, it has turned out great :)

    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great biscornus!! They are such fun to stitch ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work - I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful.i love them so much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous swap. I love the biscornu you made.Beautiful colours.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerry! Me again. Check out my blog, I'm talking about you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)