Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Another Biscornu

Ok 4 posts in 4 days and I've updated my 101 page and added a new page for my biscornu challenge. I won't make this a habit as basically I can't see me completing any 101 challenges and I am totally out of craft projects for now. I can't decide which of 3 projects to start - Lottie's biscornu, Travelling pattern or start my band sampler. I have everything for all of them although I'm not sure if I have enough fabric for the sampler. I may check that later and get it all ready. I'm really into my biscornu at the moment having completed 4 in the last week or so. Decisions, decisions.

So here is the latest to the biscornu bowl and my June one for the challenge. The design is a pulled thread one that came from a little Cross Stitcher chart book. I  altered it slightly and added another section to make it square. It's stitched on evenweave, which I find challenging on its own and in a lovely Maderia thread that Laura sent me.
I'm sorry the photo is so poor, I'm really having problems with my camera. I really do thing it's time to get a new one as every pic is rather blury. The little orange button came from a pair of Lottie's old leggings. I quite like the fact that the button has a little history.

I kept the bottom quite simple as I seem to prefer it like this in my biscornu now. I feel that when I display them it is always the main side up so seems a shame if they are as detailed on the bottom and not seen.



Laura said she'd like to see a pic of all my challenge biscornu together so far so here they are.


Top:
  • July's crochetted ones
Middle L-R:
  • June ~ Pulled thread
  • February ~ Chinese New Year
  • March ~ Pink and purple beaded flower
Bottom L-R:
  • May ~ Blackwork flowers
  • April ~ Biscofleur (Kincavel Krosses)
  • January ~ Indian themed
I'm off to write a couple of letters to my penpals, It's really time I caught up with them. If you fancy reading a new blog my friend Janet has just started one and she is the person who inspired me to do the 101 things. You can find her blog here .
Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday.
Kerry. xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful biscornus, Kerry! Your newest looks like a lovely addition to your collection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, you're so talented. Thanks also for the link to my blog :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new biscornu Kerry. Pulled thread work is so beautiful. They look very nice all together.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photo! The thread looks fab. I love it when buttons have a history too. I agree with you about biscornu bottoms!! I've tended to keep them fairly plain, just stitching something in the corners and personalising. I'll pop over and see your friend's blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)