Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Saturday 24 December 2011

A Mr Men Christmas

A couple of days ago I recieved two lovely ATC's from the Bubble December swap. The first was from Laura and goes nicely with the Dove one she sent me as part of our goody bag swap.

The second was from Roberta and is a lovely teacup design. 
In my last post I was attempting the impossible and making the children's stockings/sacks for Christmas. Well I can reveal that I did infact get them done even if it mean't I stayed up until almost 3am this morning stitching like a woman possessed. I cheated a bit this afternoon and used bondaweb to attach them to the hessian sacks I'd brought a couple of months ago when the idea struck me. The designs are from Cross Stitcher 205. I stitched them on 11ct Aida as they were more card sized designs and I wanted them to form pockets for the Mr Men books of the characters.
So there is Little Miss Christmas and Below is Mr Christmas. The children seem quite pleased with them, but I'm sure they will hold even more appeal in the morning after Father Christmas has visited.

Here they are with their books and our Mr Christmas soft toy too.

The rest of my Christmas Eve will be spent wrapping presents as I've not done one yet and dealing with my hyperactive children, Lottie has no idea why Thomas is so excited but is happy to join in the madness anyway, so they are charging round the house as I type. I may try and finish the biscornu I started for Mum too, but with all the wrapping and the Midnight service at Church to go to (me time) I think it will be a very tall order. There will be no 3am stitching miracles happening in this house tonight, for sure! Time to iron our clothes for Christmas day I think before we have a little walk round by us to deliver the last of the cards and look at the lights.

May you all be blessed this Christmas and have a wonderful time, whatever your plans.




3 comments:

  1. merry christmas to you deary..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas Kerry! Well a big round of applause for getting the Mr Men finished in time, that's some achievement! Love the atc's.

    Have a wonderful Christmas :-)

    love Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great Christmas and new yar Kerry. The stocking are really sweet love them
    Take care lilian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)